Product bundling is ideal for creating new product options, boosting the sales of your existing products, and providing discounts to loyal customers as an Amazon seller. Once you pick products that complement each other and add value to your customer, Global Docks will happily prepare your products for fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and ship them where they need to go.
What is FBA?
FBA is a storage and shipping service that Amazon offers to help business owners sell their products. Businesses ship their goods to Amazon’s fulfillment centers designed for FBA services, where Amazon handles receiving, picking, and packing the products in the center before sending them to the customer. Amazon also handles returns, refunds, and customer service.
However, before this process starts, your products need preparation that adheres to Amazon’s FBA services. Instead of figuring out how Amazon wants your labels or products packaged, you can leave that to us. Our team knows the ins and outs of FBA prep, so you can focus on other aspects of running your business.
What is an Amazon Product Bundle?
Imagine eating a delicious plate of lasagna, only to realize there isn’t a salad or breadsticks to complement it. An Amazon product bundle is when you sell two or more complementary products together in one listing. An Amazon product bundle offers value and convenience to the customer. The customer will be able to get everything they need with one click.
However, the process can become rigorous whether you want to bundle products on Amazon or ship singular products. Amazon is the top U.S. e-commerce giant with the largest market share. So, it only makes sense that it requires intricate shipping and packaging details.
Some Basic Amazon Bundling Guidelines
Here are a few of Amazon’s basic bundling guidelines:
- Bundles must consist of items that enable or enhance the use of other products or provide convenience to customers (e.g., offering a kit with shampoo, conditioner, and a curl-enhancing cream)
- Sets consist of multiple single items identified by a unique Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) or Universal Product Code (UPC) and sold together as a unique offering. A pre-packaged kit or pack with multiple products identified by an ASIN/UPC is NOT a bundle.
- A bundle must have a standard product identifier or manufacturer part number that stands alone. The identifier of any individual item cannot serve as the identifier for the entire bundle. Otherwise, Amazon will remove the listing. In other words, you must create a UPC for each bundle you make.
There are additional rules to follow, such as packaging the bundles properly, ensuring that the barcodes are legible and scannable, and including expiration dates (if applicable) in the proper format. If you feel overwhelmed by these rules, leaving these complex tasks to a third-party logistics provider (3PL) such as Global Docks is best.
Custom Bundle Packaging
If you don’t have the space, ability, or time to package all your orders into a bundle, you can utilize a third-party FBA prep center such as Global Docks to handle all of this. Count on us to manage the repackaging, prepping, and shipping into an FBA warehouse for custom bundle packaging. We’re an authorized Amazon warehouse carrier that specializes in the following:
- Kitting (collecting and organizing separate but related items)
- Pick and packing (products are received from storage and packaged for shipping)
- Requested labeling
- Reverse logistics (moving products from customers back to the sellers or manufacturers)